“Clinical Significance and Perspectives of Medical Nutritional Therapy and Medical Care Support Team”
Professor, Department of Food Sciences and Nutrition, School of Human Environmental Sciences, Mukogawa Women’s University
Teruyoshi AMAGAI, MD, Ph. D.
It is convinced that medicine cannot exist without nutritional therapy (NT). However, NT must be evidence-based and then this NT could be med Her ical NT applied as one of option in medical treatment, such as surgery, drugs, irradiation and rehabilitation.e the followings must be examined scientifically:
- Medical NT (MNT) must be feasible as therapeutic option?
- MNT could have the other form not like the present one?
- MNT must be applied in the fashion of team-approach?
- Who must be responsible for accidents and/or incidences occurred during MNT?
1. Medical NT (MNT) must be feasible as therapeutic option?
MNT is likely to be medical therapeutic option. MNT could be examined scientifically here.
2. MNT could have the other form not like the present one?
When MNT could be proved as evidence-based NT, It must be examined whether the present NT is best one or not.
3. MNT must be applied in the fashion of team-approach?
Team approach must be necessary to examine that MNT have to be applied in medical areas.
4. Who must be responsible for accidents and/or incidences (As and/or Is) occurred during MNT?
When As and/or Is occur with MNT, who must be responsible for, physician-incharge of the patient, nurse-in-charge, or dietitian or the other profession? It must rely on the type of the team to conduct MNT. This must be examined also scientifically in this talk.